Mbombela Stadium is the iconic 2010 World Cup Soccer venue designed to echo the environment and nature around it. The architectural structure includes Giant Giraffes holding up the outer structure of the stadium. Mbombela (Previously Nelspruit) is the Gateway to the Kruger Park. A spectacular small city set among the giant granite boulders of the Lowveld with a warm sub-tropical climate.
So much to experience, do and see for visitors from South Africa and around the world.
There are dozens of hotels, bush camp lodges and guest houses to suit all needs.
General Information and Opening Times
What date Ubuntu Festival?
The inaugural Ubuntu Festival will be between 12th-15th April 2018
Where is Ubuntu Festival?
What are the opening and closing times?
The site will be open from 8am everyday and will stay open until 11pm.
If I leave the festival, can I re-enter?
Festival goers can come and go as they please during their stay at Ubuntu Festival. If you have accommodation outside of the site it will not be a problem leaving the festival site and returning.
How much does a ticket cost?
We’re very excited to announce that a limited number of Early Bird tickets are now available to everyone.
What does a ticket grant me?
Tickets give you access to all the main areas of Ubuntu Festival.
Can I upgrade my ticket?
Yes. If you want to upgrade your ticket from a camping to a accommodation ticket then please email [email protected] so we can manage this for you and check availability. You will have to pay separately for accommodation and pay the difference.
How do I book tickets?
We’re very excited to announce that a limited number of Early Bird tickets are now available to everyone. There are three ways in which you can purchase this year, please visit our ticket page.
Can I change the name on my ticket?
Yes. Please email our team on [email protected]. Please note, there will be a £15.00 fee for this change.
Are Day Tickets available?
Day Tickets are not available until closer to the event.
Are Local Tickets available?
Local Tickets will be available in the coming months.
I have an inquiry about a ticket. Who do I contact?
Please contact our customer service team [email protected] and one of our team will be happy to help.
Are there any age restrictions?
Ubuntu Festival is a family friendly event we encourage all ages to attend and partake in this amazing, enlightening, festival. Anyone under the age of 16must be accompanied by an adult at all times and that adult is responsible for the safety and actions of the minor. Children under 10 go FREE however, you must select a “Child Ticket” for them at the same time as purchasing your adult ticket.
I’ve lost my ticket / wristband. What can I do?
Unfortunately tickets and wristbands cannot be replaced under any circumstances.
Can I apply for a 2 for 1 carer ticket?
Yes, please email [email protected] for more information on our 2 for 1 carer ticket scheme, facilities and application forms.
Transport and Shuttles
There will be a shuttle service arranged from OR international Airport. Please register here to receive updated information about the shuttle service.
Plenty of parking available.
More info coming soon.
No weapons or knives are to be brought in to the venue. Plastic eating utensils for food are permitted.
More info coming soon.
Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions for Performers & Participants
Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully before submitting your details and video and registering your interest to perform/participate at the UBUNTU FESTIVAL. These Terms & Conditions apply to all those who fill in any of the participation forms in the various categories and activities.
The purpose of this event, which is organized by the UBUNTU Movement, is to spread the philosophy of unity and higher consciousness for a new world – to create prosperity and abundance for people everywhere. We offer a unique platform for existing or emerging new musicians/performers/artists to show-case their talents and share their message with the world in an effort to co-create a new reality, free from financial slavery, for everyone. The event is structured so that it benefits the performers as well as the organisers.
DATE: 12-15 April 2018,
VENUE: Mbombela Stadium, Mbombela– Mpumalanga – South Africa
- UBUNTU FEST is organised by UBUNTU PLANET – a non-profit company registered in South Africa. Company details can be seen on our website www.ubuntuplanet.org.
- We reserve the rights to change these terms and conditions without prior notice, however if we require to do so we will endeavour to notify all participants in writing or other means available.
- Music and performances of all styles or genres will be considered especially if it promotes unity and harmony amongst the people of the world.
- Performances with the following content or messages will not be considered:
- Encouraging or condoning violence or conflict in any way
- Explicit sexual acts (either in actions or lyrics)
- Racist content
- Dangerous (to the audience or the performers)
- Pyrotechnics or throwing projectiles in to the crowd.
- Performers who are intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- Healers, teachers, yogis, and others with special talents who would like to do a workshop or a class are invited to submit their applications.
- Final selection of artists and participants will be made by appointed UBUNTU members and associates and this selection will be final.
- You will be notified when you are selected.
- By submitting your information, images and videos, you give UBUNTU permission to share your details and submitted video on this website and on our YouTube channels, and other websites and other distribution methods, and to use in full, or parts thereof, to promote this event or any future events, in perpetuity.
- Payment & Remuneration – All chosen performers and participants, who arrive and deliver their class, lecture or performance, will be rewarded on a profit-share basis, in the UBUNTU way.
- Those who do not deliver their performance, lecture or class, will not be eligible for profit distribution.
- One third of the profits will be shared between all selected performers/participants who have been selected from the website applications. The distribution of funds will be done as equally as is possible (excluding the headline acts that have been booked and paid for). More details will be shared after we have chosen the performers/participants from the uploaded videos and applications.
- Food and accommodation will be provided for all chosen performers and participants.
- Travel expenses within South Africa will be covered, where possible, by UBUNTU PLANET, but cannot be guaranteed for artists who travel from abroad to the event.
- Non – South African Artist will have to find their own way to the event or O.R. TAMBO International Airport in Johannesburg.
- The main pre-arranged transport for performers/participants to UBUNTU FEST will be from O.R. TAMBO airport.
- Performers/participants will make themselves available for all the days of the event if possible OR let the organizers know when they will be available, for effective allocation of performing time slots.
- Performers/participants grant UBUNTU permission to capture film and/or record sound of their complete performance, for future distribution or promotional purposes; as a compilation of the entire event or individual performance – in any form or on any distribution platform available, in perpetuity.
- Performers will be responsible for their own, insurance.
- Full back-line sound and lighting rig, with drum kit will be provided for the event. A more detailed list will be provided for selected performers at a date yet to be announced.
- Performers must bring their own personal instruments or any additional instruments or equipment on stage, which they require for their performance – drummers will be required to brings special cymbals and other relevant hardware.
- Any and all music equipment, or other tools used during your performance must be brought on to the stage immediately before your performance and must be removed by you when you leave the stage.
- Sound checks and setup date and times – (To be announced)
- Security for the event will be provided by the organizers but performers may provide their own security if they so require with agreement by the organizers.
- By participating as a performer at the UBUNTU FEST you confirm that you resonate with the message and activities of the UBUNTU Movement, as outlined in our MANIFESTAMENT on this website.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ATTENDING UBUNTU FESTIVAL AT
- Festival hours: 08:00-22:00
- All visitors must leave by 10pm / 22:00 hours.
- Wear your ID wristband at all times.
- All presentations, workshops or other activities offered, work on a first come, first served basis.
- Children under the age of 12 enter for free if accompanied by adult guardians.
- No alcohol to be brought on to the festival grounds.
- ALCOHOL will be available at designated bars during the festival.
- Payment on day of arrival at the gate, only cash or cards.
- No refunds on cancellation, all sales are final.
- Drunk and disorderly behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Visitors who behave in a disorderly, violent, or threatening manner, towards other visitors will be asked to leave, or removed by security.
- Please use ‘braai’ areas provided.
- Please park vehicles at designated area.
- No pets are allowed, except for guide dogs or campers.
- Dogs with campers must be restricted to the camp sites and not brought into the public festival areas.
- No guns, dangerous knives or weapons of any kind allowed on the festival grounds.
- For security reasons, you may be searched at access points and within the grounds.
- Caravan and camping sites accommodate up to eight persons only per site. Sites are not pre-allocated.
- Campers are welcome to bring own food & beverages.
- All facilities at the event and festival grounds are used entirely at your own risk.
- Only suitable, recognised tents, caravans and motor homes are allowed to be used at the allocated camp sites.
- All visitors enter and attend the event at their own risk.
- The event organisers, management or staff, will not be held liable in any way, for any loss of property, theft, death, or injury of any kind to visitors or participants to the UBUNTU FESTIVAL event.
The organisers of UBUNTU FESTIVAL reserve the right to change any aspects of the event, the line-up, times and days of presentations, performances or workshops due to unexpected cancellations, or circumstances beyond their control, or for reasons that they may not always be able to convey to the public. They will not be held liable for any loss or damage of any kind caused to attendees of the festival due to such changes.